One of our core values at ISYS® is to “give generously.” We do this by hugging our customers, by hugging our employees, and by hugging our community by paying our good fortune forward. While ISYS® frequently champions causes recommended by our employees, and routinely supports local organizations such as girl scout troops, youth sports teams, animal shelters, or drives to assist with donations for natural disasters, we take great pride in our strategic long term community giving programs, which consist of the following:
Paying it Forward
Charitable Activities Action Committee:
Each year, representatives from each of our departments come together to develop a strategic plan for community giving. The strategic plan is based on ISYS®’s historical decision to focus efforts on mental health and veterans assistance, but to also include employee recommendations gleaned from our annual employee survey.
As a result, ISYS® facilitates four formal community giving campaigns per year.
Our ISYS® Charitable Activities Action Committee for 2018 includes representatives from our Case Management, Quality Control, Customer Relations and Executive Management teams.
ISYS® proudly partners with the Mental Health Association (MHA) of Orange County, which provides outreach, housing, outpatient, and wellness services to improve the quality of life of those suffering from mental illness. Ways in which we support MHA include, but are not limited to:
- Sponsoring an annual holiday gift wrapping booth where our employees volunteer time and supplies to raise money for MHA
- Sponsoring food booths at local festivals
- Providing creative design and technical support to assist in MHA’s fundraising efforts
- Underwriting a portion of the MHA thrift store, which provides job training opportunities for consumers and income for the homeless drop-in center
- Financial donations to support the MHA homeless and veterans outreach programs and their community education efforts
- Funding the purchase of a van to aid in their homeless outreach efforts
- Annual collection drive of clothing and toiletries for homeless and veterans program distribution
- Annual collection of medical supplies to support medical care offered by nurses at the homeless drop-in center
In 2017, MHA Orange County acknowledged ISYS® for our “Extraordinary Compassion and Support” of mental health programs.
ISYS® contributes on a routine basis to assist veterans in connecting to needed mental health services, to assist homeless veterans in obtaining shelter, and to assist veterans in need of outpatient care and/or job seeking skills. This is done through our partnership with the Mental Health Association of Orange County (MHA) and our ongoing support of this organization.
In addition to supporting MHA’s veterans program, ISYS® also contributes to the Pat Tillman Foundation, of Tempe, AZ, which provides educational scholarships to families of fallen soldiers, among other services.
ISYS® and our generous staff are quick to lend a hand during natural disasters, whether to help our fellow employees affected by California wildfires or to help our fellow citizens in other parts of the country affected by hurricanes.
In 2017, ISYS® staff filled the corporate office lobby with supplies purchased for Hurricane Harvey victims. Our Charitable Activities Committee sent boxes and boxes of needed supplies to the Houston Salvation Army and Texas Diaper Bank and a financial contribution to The Rebuild Texas Fund.
ISYS® annual disaster relief drives include:
- Purchase of supplies
- ISYS® matching funds donated by staff
- 50/50 raffles at employee meetings with proceeds and ISYS® matching funds to charity
- Direct corporate financial contributions
In addition to the above, ISYS® also provides routine support to the American Red Cross to assist with local and national disaster relief.
Donations for Referrals:
In addition to our quarterly campaigns, ISYS® makes a donation for every referral received for Case Management Services and reports quarterly to our staff and customers on the amounts contributed. In 2018, individuals making referrals have the opportunity to pick one of the following four nonprofit organizations to direct our donation on their behalf to:
- TEXAS STORM RELIEF:
- American Red Cross continues to provide critical relief assistance and blood donations worldwide to people affected by disasters, 501(c )(3), non-profit organization Tax ID #53-0196605
- CHILDREN EDUCATION
- Kids’ Chance of California is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization whose mission is to provide need-based educational scholarships to the children of California workers who have been fatally or seriously injured on the job Tax ID#46-0534585
- Pat Tillman Foundation, provides scholarships for families of fallen soldiers, 501(c )(3) non-profit organization Tax ID #20-1072336
- MENTAL HEALTH AND HOMELESSNESS:
- Mental Health Association provides housing and psychosocial services to the homeless and veterans suffering from mental illness, 501(c )(3), non-profit organization Tax ID #84-1900699
- One Love Animal Rescue & Sanctuary provides much needed care, medical attention, foster home, and rehabilitation to animals in need before finding them a loving forever home, 501(c )(3), non-profit organization Tax ID #84-1900699